Thursday, October 09, 2008

EDO

Went to see a film being shown by Norwich Stop the War. It was the film documentary of the protests outside the EDO factory in Brighton. Andy Street was there, one of the main organizers. Also, Alex appeared from out of the blue, as he sometimes does. As Alex and I spoke I mentioned Japan Society, as it happens there was a Japanese Lady sat next to me, and she told us that she also was going to the welcome party tomorrow. After the film, Alex, Yuko and I went to the graduate bar to talk. At the grad-bar we met with more Japanese people, including Hisashi who was my teacher at the Japanese language lesson. Alex did a good job of creating conversation. If it was left to me there would probably been many lull periods..DUH!! we learnt new Japanese word for messy or dirty...bachi!!!

No comments: