Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Expensive Workout

James was my driver into Norwich today. I didn't recognise him at first because of his bus driver's uniform.

Met Tom along the way to the Buddhist centre. I told him about not being able to find anyone to write me a reference for my course application. He told me he might be able to help. It's a big problem for me. I never stay in touch with people and when it comes to recommendations or applications I'm screwed. I believe in Japan being recommended to people is important. If you are introduced to someone the person introducing is giving their endorsement that you are ok to do business with.

One of the order members suggested that I go live and work at the retreat centre.

After I done my bit at the centre I purchased return train tickets to Birmingham for the weekend at 65 UK pounds. It's not something I can really afford, but I'm going no matter what. This weekend will be the underground computer security conference 'Brumcon.' It should be better this year because a group of german hackers will be attending from the 'Chaos Computer Club.'

I spent a further 4 pounds for a bus to the University and back. And then more money for the Gym. Though it was all more money than I should spend it was good to be doing some exercise. On the bus back into the city centre, the driver had a shouting match with another road user. He got-out of his seat and opening the car driver's door shouted and then slammed it shut. Getting back into his cockpit the car driver got out and had a go !!

No comments: