Monday, February 18, 2008

rm /mnt/hda

Look who's squatting on Jono Bacon

2007-09-07 (Permalink): So, for some reason, I was using advogato and, for some reason, I was looking at jono and, for some reason, I clicked on the link to the JonoCam. What I saw was unpleasant and not what I was expecting.

Someone's squatting on the JonoCam address, hiding behind eNom's privacy service. In fact, it looks like all of kdedevelopers.net is spam now, including jono.kdedevelopers.net.

Not only that, but http://www.jonobacon.co.uk/ is squatted too, by futuregate aka Mindcom Internet Limited of 20 Meridian Way, Meridian Business Park, Norwich NR7 0TA. If you're reading this from near Norwich, would you post some pictures of the home of these serial domain-squatters, please?

So I hopped onto the lugradio IRC and asked jono. Apparently he lost it ages ago(!) nominet says the domain was registered in 2004 and last updated April 2007, so I didn't know if that means it's been a while, or just a few months. Does the registration date change if an owner loses control? astinus told me that it does.



Taken from: http://mjr.towers.org.uk/blog/2007/spam#jonospam

No comments: